May is National (eat a) Salad Month and to celebrate, we are giving you two amazing salad recipes to kick off your week!
Falynn’s Monday ReFresh
I’ve been making my family’s fabulous Ceaser Salad since I was big enough to be allowed in the kitchen and I have shared this with many people! I swear, this is the tastiest and creamiest Ceaser Salad you’ll have! (Amber agrees!)
Creamy Caesar Salad
- 1 tsp. worcheshire sauce
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 large egg
- pinch of salt & pepper (to your liking)
- 1 cup oil (whatever oil you like the taste of)
- Optional additions:
- 1 tsp. grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. anchovy paste rather than salt
- 1 egg white rather than whole egg
- 1/2 an avocado (peeled and pitted)
With a hand blender (or blender of choice), puree worcheshire sauce, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and egg, (and additions or replacements). Once smooth, slowly add the oil; adding it too fast will not allow the dressing to thicken. If it thickens quickly, no need to add the rest of the oil.
Once all the ingredients are blended together and the dressing is a creamy color and thick consistency, place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to allow the ingredients to coagulate together.
- Romaine Lettuce (or your choice of greens)
- Croutons (optional)
- Bacon bits (optional)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Roasted pecans (optional)
Clean, tear and dry the lettuce. Add the dressing a spoonful at a time, mixing well until all the greens are coated (you may not need all the dressing). Add toppings as you wish. Dressing will keep for up to 1 week in the fridge.
Amber’s Monday ReFresh
Tuna Lettuce Wraps
Ok I realize it’s not a salad per se, but it definitely has all the right ingredients!
- 1 can of tuna (preferably packed in water not oil)
- 1-2 tbls of Organic canola oil mayonnaise (depending on your health vs flavor preference)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp siracha or other favorite hot sauce (optional)
Mix all these ingredients together and spoon into washed lettuce leaves. Optional toppings:
- lime wedge
- shredded cheese
- bacon bits
- whatever your little heart (and stomach) desire!