It’s Monday again friends and this means it’s time for our weekly refresh!
Amber’s Monday ReFresh
For me, April and May are those two months where it seems everybody has a birthday, moves into a new home, has a baby (or announces one on the way), and of course Mother’s Day. Needless to say, I have been a card writing and mailing machine and my card box needs a serious refresh. When it comes to sending mail, I am always torn between cute and cost. Mailing to Canada from Texas is already expensive, add in a $5+ card and “Help me, I’m poor”. I’m obviously exaggerating, but you get it. Then this week, I stumbled upon a way to not only refresh my card box, but to also ensure that I will be surprising people with adorable (and potentially frameable) mail!
Thanks to the lovely ladies behind A Beautiful Mess, there is now a subscription called Happy Mail. You will receive a package full of fun cards, a notepad, washi stickers, and an art print(!!) every month! You can choose how long you subscribe (1 year, 6 months, or month-to-month) and the price varies accordingly ($15/month to $20/month + shipping). You can also choose to gift the subscription (Mother’s Day gift anyone?!). I for one wasted zero time before placing my order and am now anxiously awaiting my first Happy Mail shipment!
Falynn’s Monday ReFresh
This past weekend, my lovely friend Kali and I participated in St. Albert’s Run Wild race, and with that fresh in my mind, my Monday Refresh is for your gym bag; the necessities for your gym bag and race day!
I am no pro, but these are my absolute essentials that get me through my training sessions and runs:
- Hydration: My bkr bottle– Water before, during, and after a workout or race are an absolute must! It’s science, your muscles and mind need it to perform and recover.
- My sneakers: Asics GEL Cumulus – About 7 years ago I had my first proper shoe fitting for running, and what a difference it has made! Since that day I am a loyal lover of Asics; they provide the support and cushion my joints and feet need for the gym or pavement pounding.
- My compression socks: Nike – Any run over 10 km I wear my compression socks; they promote circulation in your legs to aid with recovery and performance.
- Layers: Nike & Lululemon – Most races start in the morning, which can be crisp and cool, even in the summer. I tend to wear a handful of thin layers that can easily be removed; starting off with a cold body can lead to injury. Even at the gym when training indoors, I still layer up for my perma-chilled body.
- Tunes: Headphones & iPhone – Some races don’t recommend headphones during a race; however, I love the motivation music provides during a workout, whether it be a race or just a stretching session.
- Foam Roller – This is my best friend! I don’t typically carry it with me in my gym bag, but I have one at home, at my office, and a travel sized one. It’s like a deep tissue massage for your tired muscles.
- Gym Bag: Lululemon – In order to house all this stuff, a solid gym bag that can take me from work, to the gym, to a race, and home is a must!
- Other necessities – lip chap, headband or hat, hair elastics, sunscreen, gum, sunglasses, and snacks.
Check out our Polyvore for details on the products featured in the image.